I love, love, love 0-12 months. I cry when my kids turn 1 because I love the first year so much. There isn't anything I don't like about this age. No I don't mind the night feedings, diaper changes, (even when you go through 3 diapers before being able to get 1 clean one on and having to sanitize everything from ceiling down),or baths. I enjoy and LOVE my kids at all their ages. And stages come and I now know they will go. I remember holding all of my babies trying so hard to make an imprint in my mind of what it looked like to hold them during and after they ate, sleeping in my arms. There is nothing better. Today I grabbed the camera intending to delete some pics on it to free up some space for the month of Sept, while I nursed Mr Dallin Man. So I did, and set the camera down. We were in his room, door closed, music on, in our new rocking chair. I love the paint, the pictures, and all the baby furniture in there, it makes me feel happy, calm and peaceful. As I looked down into his sleeping face trying to imprint forever in my mind this perfect moment, I grabbed the camera.

"Mr. Dallin Man, Dallin Man, Dallin Man.
You are the one for me, one for me, one for me.
Sent from up above, up above, up above.
You are the one I love!"
This is the song we sing to him when he's fussy. I love to hear his sweet sisters sing the echo.
(And if you think the words sound familiar then you must be a Veggie Tales fan too.)
Made me cry. so Sweet Holly! And you are right. Enjoy every moment. :)
ReplyDeleteOh so sweet, I pictured the rocking chair in the living room, how silly when Dallin's room is right between yours and the little girls room and such a peaceful room for sure. You can just imagine and wonder if he dreams of the day that he will be able to play there, and which toys he will favor. For now he is peaceful with mom and the dreams you share heart to heart.
ReplyDeleteBaaarrrbara MANATEE!!! You are the one for me......=) I've learned many things because of my niece.
ReplyDelete