So we heard a little rumor about items from the set of Harry Potter movies being at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle. Wouldn't you know the rumor was true! Being only 5 hours away I figured we'd better make the excursion and I'm glad we did.
The girls were so excited about the hotel room and The Princess Protection Program that they were quite happy just hanging out in the room. It was a great hotel!
Okay so Elyse did get bored watching TV but found a hiding place!
The only thing more fun than hitting the exhibit with the family is going with friends who love H.P too!
These two are the cutest little buddies! They are in the same grade at school and he is only a couple of months younger than she is.
There was no photography in the exhibit, and use of cell phones was prohibited as well. So these were the only pictures we took. Not only did they have museum staff in every room, but armed police walking through the exhibit. They meant NO photographs. Standing in the line to get in a lady, selling the use of audio tour devices, offered a free one to anyone who could answer a H.P trivia question. Before I or anyone else could process the question Caia's hand was up, not only did she get chosen she answered the question correctly! Way to go Caia!! Then we got into the first room Caia and Payton were selected to be sorted by the sorting hat! Caia was put into Hufflepuff and Payton in Gryffindor! I was so proud!! We saw a lot of the sets and props used in the movies and sat in Hagrid's giant chair! At the end they had an amazing gift shop and we all went home with a t-shirt and Payton bought Hermione's Time Turner Necklace. (I'm trying to steal it because I'm convinced I need it more than she does!)
He was such a trooper! Slept through the exhibit, endured the crowds, light rail ride, and mall excursion.
Here's Hedwig bringing my muggle born kids their acceptance letter to Hogwarts! Again I'm so proud!
In our PJ's and on the road home. It was a quick but very memorable trip!
We can't wait for the next movie!
Looks like fun and makes me more excited for the mnovie!
ReplyDelete